Monday, June 29, 2009

The hunt continues....

Today was a low day in the hunt for employment as I began to get very discouraged. It seems as if I am becoming a pro at rejection, constantly receiving we hired someone else letters will do that...

I have become increasingly aware of the stupidity of formal education. It has become so socially expected to go to college that everyone does and many people go into huge debt and hate every minute of it. Only to find out that since everyone else went to college as well that degree earns them no recognition over the next "well educated" applicant.

The fact that I only have a bachelor degree and no experience has made it impossible to find a job. I have sent out at least 80 resumes. Since being here in Iowa City I have completed a long division/multiplication test at a job interview, been called back to be extra special rejected, and best of all been interviewed by three adults I had to pretend at one point were three years old. Oh the joy of job hunting. I recently applied to be a bus driver in a town i barely know so that's great....

The point is I am running out of money and trying to make friends in a new place and I wanted to rant so you the blogging community got to deal with it... thanks.

Hopefully I will find a job soon and have good news to post or else you might get to come visit the Fonua cardboard box....

Besides this life is grand and Young is being very supportive. Also I will be in Kentucky for a little over a week starting August 7th for all of those interested get excited!!

5 comments:

  1. Job hunting blows. I basically did it for a year and a half before I landed where I am now.

    Hey! I get back from London August 9 so we will be in Kentucky at the same time!! - JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Ill still come visit you in a cardboard box...Keep on keepin on. I feel your pain...if worst comes to worst, you could always get pregnant...then you will qualify for TONS of free stuff!!! JUST KIDDING!!! Don't you dare...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally sent your invite--you just have to promise to read and thanks for calling while you were on your honeymoon....I can tell how much you love me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I will be in Ohio then.. lets play??

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Catherine has a blog! I had no idea. Sorry about the job hunt blues.... I have been there. I'm sure everything will eventually work out and you'll find a job tht is perfect for you. We should have a girl's night out or something while you are in town. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete